MOSAIC RUBBER GROUT FLOAT:
A mosaic grout rubber float is a tool used to apply and spread grout over the surface of a mosaic.
Best used for mosaic projects with flat surface such as tabletops, bathroom murals, floors etc (not ideal for 3D, mixed media mosaics).
Here are the steps to use it effectively:
- Once you have completed your mosaic design, allow the adhesive to dry completely.
- Mix the grout according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Apply the grout onto the mosaic surface using a rubber float. Hold the float at a 45-degree angle and use it to spread the grout evenly over the surface of the mosaic, working the grout into the gaps between the tiles.
- Hold the float flat against the surface of the mosaic and scrape away any excess grout.
- Clean the surface of the mosaic using a damp sponge, working in a circular motion to remove any excess grout and smooth the surface.
- Allow the grout to dry according to the manufacturer's instructions, and then buff the surface of the mosaic with a soft cloth to remove any haze that may remain.
Here's a cute whimsical koala that you could make with the kids! Using a grout float helps to spread the grout over the mosaic surface easily.
You use less grout and a faster grout job, and smoother grout finish, for sure! Check out the other grouting tools, you will need them all in your mosaic tool box!
This little guy, could be made from broken ceramic tiles, a crockery cup and plates and whatever else you desire. Mosaic tesserae is fun to mix and match. You may love smooth finishes or adore 3D effects in your mosaic techniques. Sandy is a mosaic expert and says, there are no rules, just break the tesserae!